If the error is not fixed with the above basic techniques, then follow these advanced methods.
Run Hardware And Device Troubleshooter
Running the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter or inbuilt Windows Troubleshooter detects and resolves the problems. Follow the below steps to perform this troubleshooting process.
- Use Windows I keys at a time to open the Settings window.
- Now, click the Update Security category.Choose The ‘Update And Security’ Option
- You can see a list of options in the left-side panel. From that, click the Troubleshoot.Click on The Troubleshoot Option from The Left Pane.
- In the next step, identify the Hardware and Devices.
- Finally, click the Run the Troubleshooter.
- Thus, it starts the troubleshooting process on your Lenovo computer.
- Whenever it completes, restart the device and see if the issue still appears.
Update Touch Screen Drivers
Expired Touch Screen driver is one of the reasons for this issue. So, check whether the drivers are up-to-date or not. If the drivers are outdated, then execute the below-steps to update.
- Open the Run dialog by pressing Windows + R keys.Press the windows key Letter R both
- Now, type devmgmt.msc in the Run dialog and click the OK button.Enter devmgmt.msc in the Run box
- From the Device Manager wizard, find-out the Human Interface devices and expand it.
- Now find your touch-screen driver.
- Right-click on it and choose the Update Driver option.right clickon hid touch screen driver and select update driver
- After that, click the Search automatically for the updated driver software option.
- Once it completes the update process, you need to reboot the PC.
Thus, the Lenovo Touch Screen Not Working problem is fixed.
Disable And Re-Enable Touch Screen Driver
Sometimes, the error persists even after updating the touch screen drivers. In that situation, disable and re-enable the touch screen driver on your Lenovo systems. To do so, use the below guidelines.
- Open the Device Manager by typing devmgmt.msc in the Run dialog.Enter devmgmt.msc in the Run box
- From the list of drivers, select the Human Interface Devices and expand it.
- Under this HID (Human Interfaces Devices), choose the touch screen driver.
- Simply right-click on it and click the Disable Device option.
- For the user confirmation, it asks whether to proceed further or not. So, click the Yes button to continue.
- After that, again select the HID Touch Screen driver and right-click on it to choose the Enable Device option.
- Thus, the touch screen works perfectly on your Lenovo desktops/laptops.
Uninstall Windows Updates
Recent Windows updates cause many issues, including touch screen problems. So, when you face any such troubles, uninstall those Windows updates.
- Go to Start Menu and click the Settings (Gear icon) option.
- Now, the Settings window appears on your Lenovo screen.Select The Settings Option
- Choose Update Security to perform the uninstallation process.
- In the next step, choose the View Update History under the Windows Update section.Click on View update history at the bottom
- Finally, click the Uninstall Updates option.
- Thus, you can see all those installed Windows updates. And you need to select the one that is installed freshly.
- Right-click on it and click the Uninstall option.Right click on latest update and select Uninstall
- After that, restart the Lenovo system and check the touch screen works or not.
Power off the Computer Completely
If the uninstalling Windows update technique does not fix the issue, then completely switch off the computer. Follow the below steps,
Power Cycling benefits you a lot in switching off the computer completely and again turning it on. It also helps in resetting the network configurations.
- Go to the Start Menu and click the Power button.
- Select the Shut Down option to terminate the PC.
- After that, disconnect all the power cables and wait for five to ten minutes.
- Plug the cables and turn on the Lenovo computer.
- Now, use the touch screen of your Lenovo systems without any issues.
Edit the Registry Key
Even after going through all these methods, you still face the same touch screen problems. Then edit the registry by using the following steps.
- Open the Run dialog, type regedit, and click the OK button.Type regedit in the run box
- You can see the Registry Editor window on your Lenovo screen.
- Now, open the below path,
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - SYSTEM - CurrentControlSet - Enum - ACPI - ATML1000 - 3233a31a50 - Device Parameters
- In the right-side pane, choose the EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled registry item.
- Right-click on it and change the dword value to 00000000.edit registry key for lenovo touch paid
- At last, restart the Lenovo system and see if the Touch Screen works correctly or not.
Reset Windows Operating System
The virus-infected files, corrupted hardware devices, and faulty configurations can lead to many issues. The Lenovo Touch Screen Not Working problem also occurs due to operating system issues.
At this time, reset or reinstall your operating system to fix the Lenovo Touch Screen Not Working. For Windows 10 users, use the following steps.
- Click the start menu and choose the Gear icon on the left side.Select The Settings Option
- Now, select the Update Security option.Choose The ‘Update And Security’ Option
- In the left-side panel, click the Recovery.Now Select The Recovery Option From The left Menu That Appears And click on it
- You will find the Reset this PC section at the top of the window. Under that section, click the Get Started button.Click On ‘Get Started’ Under The Reset This PC Option
- Now Click on keep my files.Click On ‘Get Started’ Under The Reset
By doing so, the Touch Screen Not Working error is fixed on your Lenovo systems.